The Stewponey and Foley Arms Hotel, to give it its full title, was a popular pub for generations. A major meeting place on the Wolverhampton to Kidderminster road, the pub also served the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal and the Kinver Light Railway.
Standing at the centre of Stourton at the junction of the A449 and Stourbridge-bound A458, immediately adjacent to the locks and bridges. It was rebuilt in the 1930s, and featured an outdoor swimming pool. It replaced an 18th-century inn, which was much smaller and outdated, but is known to have existed in 1744, when it was called the house of Benjamin Hallen, being the sign of the Green Man and called the Stewponey.
The hotel was also rebuilt to provide more space for the parking of motor cars. It was a local landmark in the late 20th century. By 1999, however, its owners had decided to sell it to property developers and it was demolished in 2001 to be redeveloped for private housing,
The added attraction of having the Lido was enjoyed by many Black Country folk on days out.
In its heyday the Stewponey was hosted by Mr and Mrs F. A. Phillips. Fred Phillips was a well-known breeder of Staffordshire Bull Terriers who later took his retirement on the grounds of nearby Stourton Castle.